[occi-wg] Removing associations between resources

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Aug 11 07:01:08 CDT 2010

>> In other words all Links must always by present in a PUT while only
>> those
>> attributes one wishes to change has to be present. Correct?
>
> Sounds reasonable. OTOH, this indicates that a Link is something with
> its own CRUD semantics. Shouldn't this be then a resource (not Resource)
> as well?

I see what you mean, a Link is indeed something we create, update and
delete.

However, I do not know if turning a Link into a resource (not Resource)
would make the specification simpler or more complex than it is with the
current semantics.

> Let me rephrase to understand. If I delete a Resource, and other
> Resources have Links to it, the OCCI implementation will take care of
> updating (i.e. removing) stale Links automatically. That is, for a
> Resource A which is DELETEd and a Resource B with a Link to Resource A,
> a subsequent GET on B will render B without the Link to A?

Exactly, that is how I would want it. Nice description.

regards, Ralf