[occi-wg] Removing associations between resources

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Wed Aug 11 05:01:49 CDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:33:58 +0200, Edmonds, AndrewX
<andrewx.edmonds at intel.com> wrote:

> Ralph, to unlink using PUT I'd see as the following. (when PUT'ting you
> have to PUT the full representation of the resource).

Yes, that is definitely a solution. However you will only have to PUT the
full
representation of the resource as far as Links are concerned, if I
understand
things correctly.

So in order to increase the memory of a compute resource the sequence would
be:
1. GET /compute/xxx
2. Remember all Links with class='link'
3. Issue PUT /compute/xxx with occi.compute.memory = X and include
all the links from step 2.

In other words all Links must always by present in a PUT while only those
attributes one wishes to change has to be present. Correct?

> 3. The OCCI implementation will now update the representation of that
> resource and carry out the provisioning system related activities, if
> necessary, of unlinking the resources. That deletion should remove the
> Compute instance to Storage instance link and any link that that Storage
> instance has to that Compute instance.

Yep, as long as the deleting of a resource removes all Links but no other
resources I am happy.

regards, Ralf