[occi-wg] Removing associations between resources

Ralf Nyren ralf at nyren.net
Sun Aug 8 09:19:50 CDT 2010

Hi again,

Reading the specs I cannot quite figure out how to remove an association
between
one resource and another. As far as I understand PUT can be used to add a
new
or change an existing association, i.e. using Link headers. But how to
remove an
association?

Reading the Wiki [1] I found some new text which indicates that DELETE
somehow
can be used to remove associations as well as resources. The described
semantics
seemed to be rather complicated.

You have probably thought a lot about this already but from my point of
view any operation
which irreversibly deletes/destroys a resource should have as simple
semantics as
possible. Using DELETE to remove associations seem dangerous to me.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

regards, Ralf

[1]
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/CoreAndModels?wikiPageVersion=21