[occi-wg] VMware vCloud API

Andrew de Andrade andrew.andrade at locaweb.com.br
Wed Sep 2 18:18:05 CDT 2009

The API went into public beta yesterday with 5 major cloud vendors
using it. The target market for this API is enterprise public clouds.
They also have an express version that they are offering with smaller
vendors that will be geared to compete directly with amazon and ec2.
This was all announced yesterday in an analyst meeting. I reckon some
google searching and information on VMware's site will provide more
details than I can give here.

I forgot to ask the question about the criteria for 1.0 status.