[occi-wg] confusion about status of link / headers

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Oct 21 03:54:32 CDT 2009

All,

This thread unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it)
dropped off the list after this point and continued through the night while
I was (thankfully) fast asleep. Today's a new day and rather than risk
wasting another I don't plan to spend more time on it at this point as I am,
like Adrian <http://twitter.com/jclouds/status/5037108001>, fast approaching
the end of my tether.

FWIW people who should know <http://mike.mykanjo.co.uk/> do agree with this
approach <http://twitter.com/jclouds/status/5030884020> and the general
feedback we have been receiving off-list has been overwhelmingly positive -
some examples:

"from your presentation I think OCCI is great stuff!  I'm interested to see
what OCCI looks like, as it seems high debate may change it"

"I'm absolutely amazed at the progress you've made if this is how OCCI
forums run.  It's a pretty cool API."

"I just read through the spec.  It's actually surprisingly simple, which is
good.  I really like the clean RESTful interface."

"I think you guys have done a great job -- the spec is extremely
straightforward and intuitive for anyone familiar with the usual HTTP
verbs."

I could go on but you get the point - despite the unfortunate tone of this
thread things are looking good for us, provided we avoid being derailed by
what are relatively trivial issues (relative to, say, actually delivering a
complete spec in a timely fashion that people believe in sufficiently as to
implement it).

Sam