[occi-wg] Link relations (was Re: confusion about status of link / headers)

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Oct 21 00:53:14 CDT 2009

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. We certainly need to document all the actions we
specify and will use a registry for that such that future functionality
(I'll again use the example of being able to "teleport" a resource from one
location to another) can be catered for.

Regarding the "class" extension attribute on the link relations - its
purpose is to group relations into different classes - e.g. actions vs
pagination vs interfaces, etc. I used "class" because it's already specified
elsewhere and its meaning is well understood - "type" on the other hand
should be a content-type in which case type="action" would be illegal
sfaict.

I'll suggest "class" to Mark for possible inclusion in the Web Linking draft
but regardless we can define our own extensions as we see fit (which is
useful for things like local interface identifiers - e.g. "eth0" or "sda").

Sam