[occi-wg] confusion about status of link / headers

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:31:06 CDT 2009

Hi Andre,

I read Adrian's email in regards to the a tested history of stuffing
attributes into http headers. I'm not debating that issue. It does work,
or else http wouldn't.

What is not proven and my issue is this is an unproven technology for
management applications. We have 2 new items here, a new and unproven
management protocol and now a new and unproven networking protocol.
Selling one is hard enough when questions like is it proven in a 5-9s
environment on a global scale. Adopting both is far too risky for
serious enterprise adoption. Believing it can happen, is just
unfamiliarity with the market.

My issues are not driven by technology for technologies sake. And there
are places for that, like apache incubators. My concerns are derived
from practical business issues including technology risk management.

Honestly, I'm have run out of road on this issue, and have more pressing
commitments to spend my time on.

Andre, I think many in this group has lost perspective and is caught up
in rhetoric.  Its up to the proposer's to justify and provide evidence
that this is a viable technology that can be deployed. Not the other way
around. Proposer should  noted whether the target environment and
application is it intended for a web browser technology, as life
critical application technology; is it indented to support reliably as
"best of breed" in the global enterprise.

-gary