[occi-wg] confusion about status of link / headers

Adrian Cole adrian at jclouds.org
Tue Oct 20 18:39:57 CDT 2009

Hi, Gary.

I attended the AWS enterprise meetup in LA last week.    The number of
objects they mentioned that are stored in S3 is currently 70 billion
and the service has been running for over 3.5 years.   Granted that
their "global story" is shorter, but they do 2 years presence in the
EU.   All 70 billion objects use headers for metadata.

What metadata system is more proven then this?  What are the technical
risks of using headers?   Are there clients or systems that are unable
to pass http headers, but are able to pass entities?

None of this matters, if the concern is the code impact to your
application.  However, I'd like to know the details of the broader
concern you may be implying.

Thanks,
-Adrian