[occi-wg] Issue 13

Gary Mazz garymazzaferro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:53:59 CDT 2009

Sam,

Are you saying you are changing the concepts of buckets ? for an
ambiguous URL path ?  where the management of the path is out of scope
and control of occi api ? . So in the case of this configuration from
the same provider:
http://node01/web01: OCCI-STUFF
http://node03/web02 <http://node01/web01>: OCCI-STUFF
http://node04/web03 <http://node01/web01>: OCCI-STUFF
http://node02/web04 <http://node01/web01>: OCCI-STUFF

We do not have a way of aggregating those "nodes" in  the occi
interface. The reason for the buckets following the domain name and
socket number was to eliminate the requirement for  this type of
additional management complexity, at least for the first draft of the
occi spec. I was an advocate of a more flexible scheme from the
beginning, I'm not sure if its wise to change this without a management
api.

-gary