[occi-wg] Meeting minutes OCCI F2F

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 23 07:52:50 CST 2009

Hi,

Friday was a very productive and great day for OCCI. Sam, Andy, Roger,
Michele, Thilo and myself met in Amsterdam to discuss a lot of stuff.
This is a short summary of the topics we covered and what the outcome was:

* XTHML5 proposal
No loud voices against it. Seems to be simple and broadly excepted: will
go into spec.

* Units
We will use floats for sizes (base10 "giga" (e.g. 10^9) as fixed
multiplier). We discussed other options like using bytes, or by using SI
units - right now it seems that this is the most convenient way to go.

* Documents
Document will be released as a series of documents. Consisting of Core,
Infrastructure, HTTP and XHTML rendering. Deadline for final changes is
this Friday. We'll submit is once more to the list on Friday for one
week comment phase on the list. After that we'll push it into the OGF
editor pipeline. Final release will then be January.

* RDFa
We had some discussion with regard to RDFa. For now we will use the
option to embed RDFa into XHTML5 but for future releases RDFa might
become an stand-alone solution.

* Attributes
Non-functional attributes of the resources will be moved out to a
separate extension document.

Sam and Andy did also work on Saturday to get some stuff written down.
This is currently committed. Please review this (take it as a proposal
so to say) so we can discuss on Wednesday's OCCI concall.

Cheers,

-Thijs

P.S. thanks to Michele and Andy who helped putting this notes together...

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com