[occi-wg] (no subject)

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat May 30 05:08:11 CDT 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> wrote:

> Could Amazon indeed open it's AWS APIs?  Just rumours at the
> moment though...
>

> http://ostatic.com/blog/is-amazon-going-to-open-source-its-web-services-and-cloud-apis

Could it be meaningless if they don't also open the process? IMO yes -
otherwise the only way we'll get things like a migrate_to_private_cloud in
will be to petition Amazon for it (good luck with that).

Normally patent pledges are tied to specifications (otherwise why bother
with the patent) so wake me up when Amazon follow ElasticHosts lead by
offering it to us.

Oh and it would also require removing clause 3.3 of the Amazon Software
License in order to open up the official clients.