[occi-wg] Is HTTP the HTTP of cloud computing?

Richard Davies richard.davies at elastichosts.com
Wed May 27 06:37:39 CDT 2009

I thought this idea was interesting, and it was a shame that no one else has
yet commented on it. It is certainly a very minimal rendering, and is also
one which could work.

> HTML also resolves another pressing issue - what format to use for
> submitting key-value pairs (which constitutes a large part of what we need
> to do with OCCI). It gives us two options:

I certainly agree that simple flat key value pairs are sufficient to
represent everything that we need to do - the entire EH API uses nothing
else.

> * application/x-www-form-encoded which is simple but quickly gets
>   messy with encoding and non-ASCII characters

There is also precedent for sending data in this format - for example
the Amazon EC2 Query API and also Google Checkout:
http://code.google.com/apis/checkout/developer/Google_Checkout_HTML_API_Notification_API.html#HTML_Parameter_Definitions

Cheers,

Richard.