[occi-wg] Unlocking the formats deadlock

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue May 26 01:40:49 CDT 2009

Guys,

One religious war is already one too many so let's not venture into RAND vs
RF territory as well... IETF policy (foolishly IMO) neither restricts nor
discourages RAND<http://news.cnet.com/Standards-group-beats-back-patent-foes/2100-1013_3-996351.html>as
well but you don't see implementors being taxed for implementing HTTP
now, do you. It's no surprise that such policies exist given the makeup of
these groups but that doesn't mean we need to pander to them.

Thanks Gary for explaining clearly why RAND is simply not going to happen
for OCCI (fortunately we don't need it anyway).

Sam