[occi-wg] Events ?

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue May 19 13:49:01 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Alexis Richardson <
alexis.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting point.
>
> Speaking as someone who is professionally involved in messaging and
> events my STRONG advice would be to completely leave them for now.
> Implementation of the planned draft will naturally bring up use cases
> suited to the various eventing technologies and protocols, none of
> which are fully baked by the way.  This will be good fodder for future
> work but currently is **** not in scope ****.

Agreed, and I don't know AMQP well enough to say how it could fit here.

The use case we need to take away from it is that OCCI messages aren't
necessarily going to be ephemeral - they may well be long lived, queued,
serialised, saved to file, etc.