[occi-wg] Events ?

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue May 19 05:20:18 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  From the current discussions, there has been no mention of events. Will
> the occi support events ? What will the model look like ?

This is something I had thought about a little but not considered a focus
point for us. I did however consider the possibility of OCCI messages being
long lived in that they can be queued and passed over transports like XMPP
(this was one of a number of potential use cases for signatures).

The interest in doing this would be, for example, a client that has rendered
a number of resources and wants to know about state changes and the like.
They would just need to subscribe to the resource and when the state changes
they would be sent the updated entry. Similarly an management system could
ask for regular updates of e.g. performance monitor counters.

Does this sound adequate for your needs or do you have use case(s) that
require more - and if so, why aren't they in the wiki ;)