[occi-wg] Future OCCI extensibility: compute, storage, network, service, application

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri May 15 11:09:13 CDT 2009

Evening all,

According to NIST<http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/cloud-computing/index.html>
:

*Cloud computing is a pay-per-use model for enabling available, convenient,
> on-demand
> network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g.,
> networks,
> servers, storage, applications, services) that can be rapidly provisioned
> and released with
> minimal management effort or service provider interaction. This cloud model
> promotes
> availability and is comprised of five key characteristics, three delivery
> models, and four
> deployment models.*

Is it obvious to anyone else what the next resource extensions after
compute, network and storage should be? Is there still someone who needs
convincing that we need to have extensibility at the heart of the protocol
and build incrementally?