[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri May 15 06:02:24 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Alexander Papaspyrou <
alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> JSDL has shown that extensions work fine even (sigh) with XML namespaces,
> without breaking interop.
>
> Leaving extension points with xsd:any with namespace #other and lax content
> allows for easy interop by just ignoring vendor-specific stuff.

However you slice it, namespaces are almost certainly going to be a
necessary evil for extensibility. Even for our own stuff namespaces are
useful for differentiating between resource types rather than throwing
everything in one bucket. I've already seen a "vx_au.net.aos" namespace
option proposed for JSON extensibility based on a similar monstrosity I
suggested earlier for XML - at the end of the day all markup ends up looking
like XML<http://www.megginson.com/blogs/quoderat/2007/01/03/all-markup-ends-up-looking-like-xml/>anyway.

Also playing nice with other standards includes OGF standards of course...
is it safe to say these are mostly/soley done in XML?