[occi-wg] Networks: attributes and verbs

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed May 13 14:56:30 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Ignacio Martin Llorente <
llorente at dacya.ucm.es> wrote:

> I am preparing a proposal for  OCCI-API 1.0 that I will distribute
> when ready. I would like the first specification to be a
> simplification of previous discussions on the list in order to achieve
> an agreement on the core functionality to be provided by the API. In
> particular, the only "nound" would be the VM.

But what if I want to use OCCI on a [virtual] network device or a storage
system? You're making assumptions that deprive me of flexibility... all
three nouns are first class citizens, yet none of them should be required
(compute resources without storage or network, but probably not both, make
perfect sense).

OCCI Core should be exactly that... a skeleton.