[occi-wg] Process: Format decisions made and to come

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Wed May 13 08:44:05 CDT 2009

Hi Richard and all,

First of all thanks for you remarks, thoughts and ideas. I writing this
email on behalf of all the chairs of this group.

So basically we will trigger the following steps from now on. I'll also
comment on it in our concall today:

Ignacio will trigger and coordinate the creation of a draft API. This
work will start very soon (by mid-next week). While this is still a
draft we can still leave some issues open about the format. This is
perfectly align with our current timeline and thoughts.

Nevertheless we need to agree on some things (especially the format and
metamodel) soon. The deadline for that will be end of next week (Friday
- May 22, 2009)!

To get there we need to break down the discussions - And I would like to
engage you all to help with that. Gigantic emails thread trying to cover
all faces of the format discussion will not work.

Therefor when discussion and bringing up your points keep in mind to:

* put your thought in line with our requirements and use cases
* think about interoperability and integration
* answer all the open question which where stated

Eventually with all the great minds, ideas and people here at the OCCI
mailing-list we can come to a consensus to fill the gaps. We are now 124
people on the list so also 124 voices (Which I think is great). So
please keep on contributing - we're working on something great here and
I would love to see a great outcome of this efforts.

I hope this gives an rough overview on how we would like to see this
group to proceed. If anything is left out or there are any comments -
feel free to contact me.

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com