[occi-wg] thought on interoperability vs integration

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:27:38 CDT 2009

Ignacio, Randy,

Thanks!

So this is good.  We agree that *extensions* and other bindings can be
defined at the edges of the system, where the provider controls the
interface and has integration needs specific to them.  Some of the
integration and extension mechanisms could even be provided by common
libraries (eg XML tooling if the core format is not XML, or vice
versa).  But we still keep to one interoperable core.

Any other comments on this point?

alexis