[occi-wg] Microsoft: "Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) as the future direction"

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:18:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Alexis Richardson <
alexis.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:

> List this is OT but may be of just enough interest to those following
> David's emails, that I am going to cc occi-wg.
>
> David,
>
> Check out: http://www.reversehttp.net/reverse-http-spec.html
>
> It's a way to make each node be a server and a client.  Built by one of our
> lot.

Interesting.  Given this conversation extended from one of Sylvain's posts,
and given that Sylvain happens to be one of the editors on the LLUP
specification, and given that LLUP -- at first glance, anyway -- seems to
blend nicely with the reverse-http spec linked to above, and -- just to add
one more layer of "given that" into the mix -- given that LLUP is built
firmly on top of both Atom and AtomPub, I've CC'd the LLUP working group as
well.

For those of you wondering what LLUP is in reference to, see:
http://dev.llup.org/ < I bring this up as depending on the use case, LLUP
/could/ in various forms and capacities be used to manage messaging pub/sub
workflows in a decentralized, heterogeneous cloud environment.  In fact, an
interesting and related use case provided by Tim Lynch from Cornell
University can be found @
http://groups.google.com/group/llup/browse_thread/thread/76411666bb2e7542/8fd42070c72b6d62?#8fd42070c72b6d62

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://broadcast.oreilly.com/m-david-peterson/