[occi-wg] Microsoft: "Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) as the future direction"

Tim Bray Tim.Bray at Sun.COM
Tue May 12 10:57:56 CDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 4:21 AM, Alexis Richardson wrote:

> Sam,
>
> That's a great spot - thanks for posting it.
>
> I'm not convinced that MS claims for 'REST' stand up under scrutiny,
> but it is interesting to see AtomPub getting a boost.
>
> I thought this was quite interesting too:
> http://www.defuze.org/archives/171-atom-and-atompub-were-failed.html

I'm reasonably happy with AtomPub's progress, and think it will
continue to do OK.  If I were paranoid and cynical, I would point out
that anyone who offers users AtomPub access to their data has given up
the ability to lock them in, and that this might be part of the
explanation why lots of services aren't yet.  -Tim