[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Tue May 12 10:02:42 CDT 2009

Re: The meta-model - and it's related to current model discussions...

This is somewhat incorrect - all providers provide access to their API's over HTTP yet their metamodels are not bound to HTTP in principle. I can send a XML model based on an XML-XSD metamodel over HTTP. I can send that same model over a different transport if I wanted to. The point here is that the model and the optional meta-model are not explicitly bound to the transport.

Sun's models are specified in text [1]. They seem not to use an imported metamodel per say, possibly due to JSON's lack of a mechanism to define schemas (yes there's JSONSchema but not in wide use). In fact Sun's models are very suitable for many of OCCI's needs (as Ben Black noted).

Amazon's [2] as embedded XSD in the WSDL based on W3C XSD (its meta model). All have models, some have metamodels and all are not inherently bound to a particular transport, just a default, prior-agreed one.

Other than that I agree with keeping dependencies to a minimum, like you describe.

Andy

[1] http://kenai.com/projects/suncloudapis/pages/CloudAPISpecificationResourceModels
[2] http://soap.amazon.com/schemas2/AmazonWebServices.wsdl