[occi-wg] Simple JSON rendering for OCCI

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Tue May 12 08:54:27 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Chris Webb <chris.webb at elastichosts.com>wrote:

> Sam Johnston <samj at samj.net> writes:
>
> > Right, obviously at least one format needs to be mandated and that format
> > should obviously be as widely supported and easily translated to others
> as
> > possible.
>
> Nobody will be able to write portable code using the formats you don't
> mandate. That's unfortunate if the only mandated rendering forces you to
> pull in tens of thousands of lines of library code...

Nobody's forcing you to pull in any more code for one rendering than another
- the Google GData clients have code for working with all of their 16
services and are Apache licensed so you can toss whatever you don't use. If
you don't like that you can always start from scratch, and you would have to
for JSON anyway because we have nothing today and I'm not about to [re]write
it.

Let's not forget that Apache Abdera <http://abdera.apache.org/> provides an
open source AtomPub implementation for the server side too.