[occi-wg] Votes: XML vs. JSON vs. TXT

Marc-Elian Begin meb at sixsq.com
Thu May 7 03:12:09 CDT 2009

Hi,

I've tried to follow the thread.  And here's my 50 cents.

I'm currently using restlet to build RESTFul web-services (very nice by
the way) in Java.  In such a framework, generating the requested format
based on the requests's 'Content-Type' attribute is trivial (as long as
the transformation is available).  This means that my WS can talk
(x)html when the user's a human (me), or XML or JSON or plain/text.

So for me multi-format is mandatory... and looking at the community this
group is made of, I think it's the only way forward.

 From similar discussions in other spheres... the real point (and
someone else made that point already), is >>simplicity<<.

So XML's easy to transform.  JSON's easy to consume.  Text is simple...

So... my vote is... all of the above!  And as long as the format is
aggressively simple... the mapping should be trivial!

Cheers,

Meb