[occi-wg] Opinion Poll: IaaS or PaaS ?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Tue Jun 30 22:11:31 CDT 2009

Sam,

> That is to say that we may want to (somewhat independently of the OCCI protocol itself) standardize a runtime descriptor format
> which allows us to describe basic infrastructure - probably only the things that are currently exposed by IaaS offerings
> like cpu cores, memory size, etc.
<KS>
	Agreed. Good idea. We should have a vocabulary for the basic infrastructure elements exposed by IaaS; probably the actions come later.

	Only point I would make is that, if we could morph OVF we should do that, because there is some synergy. But if there are valid reasons for not doing so, that is fine; in any case a vocabulary is needed.
</KS>

Cheers
<k/>