[occi-wg] Templates (was Re: OCCI Dashboard)

shlomo.swidler at gmail.com shlomo.swidler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:37:35 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Sam Johnston<samj at samj.net> wrote:
> I'm thinking categories - we already have a category system that will handle
> this well and can even have a dedicated vocabulary/schema for our
> well-defined categories.

Can you please point me to where categories are defined in the API,
and how they are manipulated? I recall some posts about a query format
along the lines of http://example.com/-/cat1/cat2 but I don't see that
in the wiki anywhere.

Categories are mostly useless for interoperability without a dedicated
vocabulary/schema - I will want to ask every provider for a list of my
"compute template" (or whatever the official label is) resources, and
I can't do that if the label is not standardized by the spec.

And, does the API support adding my own tag to a resource I own, like
tagging a specific compute resource "dbserver"?

.. Shlomo