[occi-wg] OCCI Dashboard

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Thu Jun 25 09:34:17 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM, <shlomo.swidler at gmail.com> wrote:

> 4. How will I be able to discover VM images that are appropriate for
> my "compute"s? For example, Amazon has public AMIs that I can launch
> on my instances, and I can filter the ElasticFox view to only show me
> 64-bit AMIs or otherwise filter them by AMI name. Is this use case
> covered by OVF, or is it more appropriate at the OCCI level?

This one I have a better answer for, in that there should be no "start" verb
for a template (e.g. AMI), rather only a "clone" verb which returns a
Location: to a new compute resource (pre-linked to any storage and network
resources as necessary). We could also bundle templates into a pre-defined
category, such that machines that are just not startable (e.g. due to
permissions, faults, etc.) don't appear as templates.