[occi-wg] Opinion Poll: IaaS or PaaS ?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Sun Jun 14 17:17:24 CDT 2009

Wes,
	Good point and you are right - IaaS will offer different OS
layers. But the question is "Is that OS layer (and associated
attributes) part of IaaS" and the answer is Yes.
	The OS can be pre-built by the Cloud Service Provider, it could
be a reference (local or remote) in an OVF manifest, it could be a
binary disk image file in an OVF parcel and it could be a multi-tiered
application in an OVF parcel - which is more interesting because it will
have interesting internal firewall rules, load balancing attributes et
al. So including the OS layer in the IaaS does not (and should not)
preclude selection of the OS et al.

Cheers
<k/>