[occi-wg] Opinion Poll: IaaS or PaaS ?

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Sun Jun 14 13:44:28 CDT 2009

Gary,
	Couple of points:

|provider not offering those services. The OCCI cannot reconcile
|providers with incompatible infrastructures. In this example, the OCCI
|can only provide a vehicle  for the consumer to assess the capabilities
|of a provider.
<KS>	We only provide interfaces et al. But it is not binary - folks
can offer a subset or superset of capabilities </KS>

|Reiterating, I think we need to include more virtualized services and
|virtualized hardware configurations.
<KS>	I thought that is what we are doing ... because, underneath the
instances can handle the specification in a multitude of ways and we are
not prescriptive of any instantiation ... </KS>

|lemme get a few more cups of coffee...
<KS>	Good idea ... am going to get some tea and will be back in a few
... too many discussions internally and externally on this ... need more
juice ...</KS>

Cheers
<k/>