[occi-wg] Finished first pass over FeatureMatrix

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Sat Jun 13 19:33:55 CDT 2009

Morning all,

I've just finished the first pass of the OCCI
FeatureMatrix<http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.occi-wg/wiki/FeatureMatrix>which
compares APIs on a functional (rather than per-function) basis. If we
want to be an implementation candidate for these APIs then we're going to
have to be capable of exposing as much of the existing functionality as
possible - which is to say that we're going to end up with something of a
superset (hence the solid ticks in the OCCI column, except for a few things
we haven't thought about yet).

Some of the suggested APIs were dropped because they are not comparable or
simply don't exist (e.g. Mosso CloudSites). We'll add new rows as
interesting features are raised and new columns for new APIs.