[occi-wg] Reminder: concall starts in approx. 1 hour! Was: Re: Reminder: weekly OCCI-wg concall - today @ 4pm CET

Randy Bias randyb at neotactics.com
Wed Jul 22 09:17:36 CDT 2009

This is more of a taxonomy than a cloud definition. I am still in
belief that 'cloud' is an operational model and 'cloud computing' is
that operational model applied to infrastructure and platforms.

By operational model I mean two things: 1) a highly automated backend
[intentionally left fuzzy here] and 2) a self-service frontend.
Whereby self-service I mean: on-demand (get it when you want it), pay-
as-you-go (utility charge model), and use-only-what-you-need (no
contracts). Both of the latter will also apply behind the firewall.

I think it's dangerous to over-define cloud. Cloud is more of a mass
epiphany about our relationship to the Internet than anything else.

--Randy Bias
   Cloud Strategist
   BLOG: http://cloudscaling.com

Sent from my mobile device; please forgive typos