[occi-wg] Current work on documentation

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 15 09:49:19 CDT 2009

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a short update on process of documentation. These
are the things we are currently working on. We have two documents which
will be released by OGF27.

Those document will be called:

- Open Cloud Computing Interface Specification

- Open Cloud Computing Interface - Usecases and requirements for a Cloud
interface

The first document is the writeup of the OCCI API while the second
documents sums up the requirements and use cases we have. The first
document will be structured like this - so this is how we present OCCI:

* Introduction
* OCCI Walkthrough
  * Overview
  * Getting started
  * Operations
  * Collections
* OCCI core specification
  * Basics
  * Extensions
  * Examples
* Infrastructure
  * Nouns
     * Compute
     * Storage
     * Network
* OCCI Registries

It is important that we get this right - so to say that we can give this
document to a implementor and he can implement it easily while just
reading this document!

Andy, Andre, Sam and me are working on this documents right now - but
feel free to join or comment to us and the mailing-list.

If you want to look at the current working copy of the document the
sources can be found in the gridforge:

http://forge.ogf.org/sf/scm/do/viewRepositorySource/projects.occi-wg/scm.Open_Cloud_Computing_Interface

We are writing this up using docbook. The main article is called
occi-book.xml which includes all the further articles. With the help of
the Makefile you can create html and pdf versions of all the content.

Sam and Andy will also send an update on the changes made to the version
of in Wiki!

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com