[occi-wg] Status of OCCI - Welcome to all newcomers!

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 15 07:15:23 CDT 2009

Hi @all,

As of today we got more than 170 members on the mailing-list and 30
members for our gridforge project. First of all thank you all and
welcome to OCCI!

With this email I want to welcome everybody who recently joined and give
a short update of what we are currently up to!

The group started as Cloud API earlier this year (March) and got a
constant grow from there on. In the beginning we actively discuss the
charter and the very basics of our RESTful API. At OGF26 we presented
our progress and we try to present a first implementable draft by OGF27
later on this year. So we will be one of the first standardized APIs in
the Cloud area.

If you want to know who is involved (and maybe add your own name) have a
look at our Memberslist in the Wiki (Can be found via
http://www.occi-wg.org).

Currently we are writing up the documents - that is the reason why the
discussions on the mailing-list have stalled a little bit. For a current
status do not hesitate to look at our gridforge page and have a look in
the SVN.

If you want to get involved have a look at http://www.occi-wg.org. There
you will find links to our Meeting-materials, Press releases,
Presentations, collaboration efforts with other groups etc.

Our weekly teleconference call is scheduled every Wednesday @4pm CET. If
you have questions, ideas or want a more detailed status update feel
free to join! I am looking forward to hear you there! You can find all
the details howto connect in the Wiki!

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com