[occi-wg] OCCI Latest Draft

Adrian Cole adrian at jclouds.org
Tue Jul 7 00:13:17 CDT 2009

Hi, Sam.

Very clear document.  Thanks for getting this together.

I noticed that the storage noun is related to mountable storage.   Forgive
me, if I missed the discussion.  What is the status of object storage (ex.
Amazon S3)?  I'm currently working on cloud object storage interop in
jclouds.  I'd expect something like the following, if we aren't deferring
this service to extensions:

Object Storage

An object storage resource is capable of mass, and potentially limitless
storage of key, value pairs.

*Table 3. Storage Attributes*
AttributeTypeDescriptionocci.objectstorage.publicBoolean (true,false)
Expose objects without access controls
occi.objectstorage.cnameStringcname that identifies global namespace

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
-Adrian

jclouds