[occi-wg] XSD rendering of OCCI model(s)

Constantinos (Costas) Kotsokalis constantinos.kotsokalis at udo.edu
Tue Dec 8 10:25:52 CST 2009

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply. As regards the schema, I have attached to this
email some first effort on it. Apologies if emailing attachments is
not acceptable here, I couldn't find my way around uploading to the
gridforge. There are two files attached, a schema that corresponds to
the spec, and one that imports it to reuse some data types, and
extends to a number of elements that (I think) would be more
convenient for use w/ WS-Agreement. The main problem is that, in WS-
Agreement, the links are not really necessary; rather, one would just
declare a service description (e.g. "compute"), its properties in a
separate place (e.g. cores, speed, memory) and then in a third place
(s)he would set numbers for those properties (e.g. 2 cores, 1.5GHz,
etc). The same would then happen for storage, and for network.
Grouping is then handled by the WS-Agreement envelope, using "Term
Compositors". Arbitrary possible combinations of different resource
requirements would be a problem to express without this (seemingly
redundant) 2nd rendering in the additional schema file.

The schemas are still draft (read: a quick hack), so there may be many/
big mistakes. Please let me know if you have comments.

With regard to the cores data type, I am only puzzled by the
(syntactical) correctness of the expression "occi.compute.cores =
3.14159265" :) Nevertheless, the group has apparently had its
discussions on the topic already, so it is fine.

Very best,

  Costas

>>> http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds