[occi-wg] OCCI Security

Michael Behrens michael.behrens at r2ad.com
Thu Aug 27 22:10:01 CDT 2009

I noticed that a security section is needed in the doc.

I'm not a security expert, however I like how Rackspace cloud modeled their security as it starts with an authentication URI which returns in the response a session unique access URI for all subsequent service calls (assuming the authentication was successful). This creates a session of sorts which will expire after a time or could end upon request I believe.

I noticed that the Sun Cloud API takes a different approach which requires basic authentication for every request.

Anyway - just wanted to make sure we get something captured in this area.  Since the RackSpace APIs are open now (right?) - there model might be good to examine (as well as others of course).

http://www.rackspacecloud.com/cloud_hosting_products/servers/api

http://kenai.com/projects/suncloudapis/pages/CommonBehaviors

Michael Behrens
R2AD, LLC