[occi-wg] Instance runtime API

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Mon Apr 20 06:17:52 CDT 2009

Ignacio,

FWIW enabling this use case has so far cost us the following blurb (under
security):

"*Resources should be transparently authenticated such that they can use
OCCI for introspection (e.g. a virtual machine could connect to OCCI to
discover application configuration parameters, SSH authorized_keys, etc.).
Authentication must be transparent and could be based on MAC address, IP
address, interface, etc. *"

I don't really want to get down to the nitty gritty of charterlawyering but
I think it could fall under the scope of "lifecycle management" where the
resource itself is just another actor. Aside from the sysadmin/developer
advantages, allowing machines to bind themselves to networks/loadbalancers
is fairly important for failover scenarios and the like too.

We can discuss the details later.

Sam