[occi-wg] OCCI MC - State Machine Diagram

Krishna Sankar (ksankar) ksankar at cisco.com
Sun Apr 19 11:15:29 CDT 2009

Same logic applies to stop and suspend as well ;o) I think the stop and
suspend could be semantically the same except make be how state is
handled.

Is the difference that stop erases all internal state while suspend
maintains the state ? But that is the RESTART and RESUME actions, not
the STOP/SUSPEND itself. One could RESUME after STOP, couldn't one ?

I also think pending state after entry is a good idea. To be correct, as
Ignacio mentions, a VM has to have a pending or resuming state before
becoming active. Same for exit. Exit out after stopping or suspending.

Cheers

<k/>