[occi-wg] Syntax of OCCI API

Chris Webb chris.webb at elastichosts.com
Thu Apr 16 14:57:43 CDT 2009

eprparadocs at gmail.com writes:

> How would I create a "virtual lan network" called FOO and have the VMs I
> create connect to it? I want to do this in certain cases where I have
> multi-homed VMs in which one of the NICs is connected to the general
> network and the other NICs are used to route traffic amongst themselves.

As an example of how this might work, in our (EH) API you do

  /resources/vlan/create

to create a VLAN (virtual network) and get its identifier, and then define
your network card as attached to it. For example, for a machine with a
public facing interface with dynamic IP and a VLAN attached interface,

  nic:0:dhcp auto
  nic:1:vlan VLAN-ID

in the guest config.

Cheers,