[Nsi-wg] Topology Service Requirements document

Chin Guok chin at es.net
Thu Jan 23 15:17:48 EST 2014

Hi Freek,

No, it is the later "... a subset of a topology from a given domain that
consists of the resources and relations that have been
changed/added/removed since a given timestamp?"

The idea was that we needed to verify topology because we may pull it from
a third party server.   To verify topology, we proposed "signing" the
topology in full.  The issue is that if you update part of the topology
(e.g. add a new port), do you just submit the partial change and sign it,
in which case, when you redistribute it, you'd have to keep the original
topology file with the original signature distinct from the signed partial
topology update.  To simplify things, we said that when there is a change
in the topology, the author must regenerate the whole topology again and
sign it in it's entirety.  In essence, a complete (domain) topology file is
the atomic unit of information for the topology service.

Hope that helps.

- Chin

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Freek Dijkstra <Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl

--