[Nsi-wg] Identifiers versus Addresses

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Sun Feb 9 05:40:15 EST 2014

Hi Guy, et al.,

Would it still be possible to give a short presentation at the upcoming
NSI conference call (Wed 12 Feb)?

At OGF40 some concerns regarding the URN identifier format have come up,
and after some discussions with Diederik Vandevenne (SURFsara), Ralph
Koning and Miroslav Živković (both University of Amsterdam), I've came
to the conclusion that at least some of the issues stem from the
different uses of URNs. Basically, as identifiers in NML and as
addresses in NSI.

We don't have a clear solution, but I thought it may be useful to
explain the distinction between identifiers and addresses to those
interested, and how this may applies to NSI.

Is it still acceptable if I'll send some slides Monday later at the day?

Thanks!
Freek

--
Freek Dijkstra
| Group Leader & Network Expert | Infrastructure Services | SURFsara |

Available on Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu |