[Nsi-wg] Bidirectional Link (was Re: [AutoGole] Ports relations)

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Sep 25 19:36:40 EDT 2013

I think you are assuming a more nefarious intention.  At the moment I am only using the NML to bootstrap my NSI topology, and I was trying to figure out how I could utilize more as the core model to my path finder.  Here is what I am doing now:

1. Read individual NML definitions (NSA).
2a. Create NSA, Network, and Port (unidirectional and bidirectional) objects.

At this point I am done with NML.

2b. Determine bidirectional port connectivity via the unidirectional component objects.
3. Topology consolidation - Create unidirectional and bidirectional STP from the Port definitions.
4. Create  unidirectional and bidirectional SDP using the port connectivity information.

Path finding validates source and destination STP, then uses networks (vertices) and SDP (edges) for the graph.

I was hoping to keep NML further into the process by using the link objects to consolidate the individual topologies for path finding, removing the need for me to create SDP.  But if this is bad then I will continue to model the topology using NSI objects.

John