[Nsi-wg] Service type vs serviceElement tag name

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Sep 25 09:06:10 EDT 2013

I had originally thought the same until we went through the service definition exercise.  The service schema included is related to the service being offered, but does not uniquely define it.  For example, we may have multiple independent service definitions reusing the p2p schema for their service even though they are different technologies.  This was why I did not use the service element name to uniquely identify the service description.  The serviceType identifies the service description that tells you which elements are present in the request (and yes there can be more than one element).

John