[Nsi-wg] Encoding & Labeltype

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Tue Nov 5 02:12:56 EST 2013

I really encourage everyone to think about this from the *service*
perspective - i.e. what the network organization is willing to offering
as a NSI _/service/_ feature and what the users really *actually* want -
Our NSI Services do not need to announce internal topology at all, nor
do they need to express or incorporate every possible hardware
capability.   Keep it simple (!!!)   A simple connection delivered
to/from a STP associated with a VLAN tag.    You get into a lot of
unnecessary topology munging by trying to expose and process every
technical hardware capability.   Don't do this.  Its not necessary.   If
you keep these topological details internal to a local NRM, then the
announced topology is vastly simplified.     Let the NRM deal with
details internally, but the inter-domain path finding should only need
deal with *simple* contiguous services.    Don't try to make one NSI
service capable of everything under the sun...doing so makes it too
complex.

Best regards
Jerry