[Nsi-wg] "If-Modified-Since" check and version attribute

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri Nov 1 05:10:50 EDT 2013

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> I am using the jersey REST client in Java and just setting the header:
>
> GET https://raw.github.com/jeroenh/AutoGOLE-Topologies/master/master.xml
> Accept: application/xml
> If-Modified-Since: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

If you already have it on the client, it should work against OpenNSA.

> I use the epoch for the first retrieve and then whatever was returned in
> the "Last-Modified" header.

You can also just leave it out. Result should be the same though.

> I have also started checking the version attribute in the <NSA> element
> for changes.  Could you also make sure that only gets updated when there
> is a change, restart, etc.?

It should be updated when there are any changes (which can currently only
happen on restart for OpenNSA).

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet