[Nsi-wg] Notifications

Alan van Dam avandam at zilverline.com
Fri Jun 21 04:32:37 EDT 2013

Hi John,

The use case for querying the data plane state change notifications would be to retrieve history of release/provision. Not sure if that is really useful.
But for us the biggest argument to include the data plane notifications in the queryNotifications response is the 'principle of least surprise'.
Because DataPlaneStateChange is a notification and has a notificationId you would expect that the operation queryNotifications returns all notifications including data plane state changes.

The other 'solution' would be to don't let DataPlaneStateChange extend NotificationBaseType. But I think it is correct that DataPlaneStateChange is a notification to the requester.

Cheers,
Alan