[Nsi-wg] Service definitions (draft) for Point-to-Point Ethernet

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Thu Jul 11 11:29:46 EDT 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> However, ERO it not really something that is defines a network service. It is
> more like special instructions to an aggregator. If you specify an ERO or
> not, does not really change the service you get from a network perspective.
>
> This is actually a good example of something that a network cannot provide,
> but a capability of an NSA(s). Should we consider putting this outside the
> service definition?

Thought a bit more about this on the way home. The source and destination
STP are really not service requirements as well, but something the service
requirements should hold for.

Should we consider something like seperating Path and ServiceRequirement.
I.e., and object for the path (which can include an ERO), and a
requirement which should hold for the path. However this is starting to
get a bit hairy. I am overthinking this?

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet