[Nsi-wg] STP Identifier

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Wed Dec 11 05:16:16 EST 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> While the discussion over opaqueness occurs on a separate thread I
> though I would communicate what I have done for the final version of the
> NSI CSv2.
>
>    <xsd:complexType name="StpType">
>        <xsd:sequence>
>            <xsd:element name="networkId"  type="xsd:string" />
>            <xsd:element name="stpId"     type="xsd:string" />
>        </xsd:sequence>
>    </xsd:complexType>

Mixing structural and string encoding (or whatever we call it). I am fine
with either, but could we not do both.

> I defined a single string STP identifier as specified by Jeroen in his
> NSI-EXT documentation.

> I have also included a separate networkId in the request to allow for
> routing by network only.

It is not possible to do routing by network only in NML. The extra field
does not do anything.

> The only additional thought I have is to make the networkId optional so
> if at some point in the future we decide to allow parsing of the stpId
> for the networkId, the individual networkId field will no longer be
> required.

I am fine with just having a single stpId. AFAICT the solution above
doesn't give us anything that the stpId doesn't.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet