[Nsi-wg] Network portion of an STP

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Mon Aug 12 14:11:17 EDT 2013

On 12-08-2013 14:45, Hans Trompert wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,
>
> On 7/19/13 8:49 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>> On 18 Jul 2013, at 22:10, John MacAuley <john.macauley at surfnet.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> localId = "urn:ogf:network:example.com:2013:eth0-out"
>> That's what we agreed on, yes.
>
> The definition from the documentation (version 1.4 of July 29, 2013)
> says: localID = A locally unique identifier for the STP within the
> associated network.

I have not followed the NSI discussion closely, but I presume the reason
is there is a need to map the STP to the NML topology, in NML the STP is
represented as a URN, and unfortunately, is no unique way to convert the
local ID to a URN.

network + local ID does not need to be equal to the URN of the STP.

The reason is that in NML the associated network does not need to be
unique. A network For example, the STP in Nordunet that is connected to
Internet2 may be part of both "Nordunet" and "Nordunet-USA" (where
"Nordunet-USA" is part of the "Nordunet" network).

Regards,
Freek